FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

N95, DSL-G604T, Windows XP 'No Computer's Found' HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n00bert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: N95, DSL-G604T, Windows XP 'No Computer's Found' HELP!!! Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. My network is set up like this:

3 Computer's connected to a D-Link DSL G604T wireless router - 2 of them are connected wirelessly (Laptops), 1 of them connected with LAN cable (desktop)
Windows XP SP 2 installed on all computers
Clicker installed on 2 computers - 1 Laptop and 1 Desktop

The thing is I can get Clicker to run perfectly with my laptop via bluetooth, but I can't seem to get it running on my Desktop. When I run Clicker, it has two options - Connect with Bluetooth or Connect with WiFi

When I connect via Wifi, it 'seems' to be connecting or connected to my network 'X'. It then searches for about 10 seconds before it returns with a No Computer's Found - Search Again screen. I've forwarded ports 52131 TCP and 5353 UDP to my Desktop IP, run the search again, but still no computer's found.

On the Salling Clicker Software installed on the desktop, after I've set my phone up it says 'You can connect from a phone using TCP/IP (x.x.x.x/52131). The problem is, there isn't a TCP/IP option on my phone - just the Bluetooth and WiFi ones.

So two real questions:
1. Is there a way to enable Connect with TCP/IP on my phone?; and

2. Is it because my router is incapable of assigning my N95 an IP on my network? I know I should probably be asking the N95 forums this but does anyone have the same or similar set up and having the same problems?

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks in advace :D
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

#1 TCP/IP is WiFi; sorry about the confusion

#2 If your router is incapable of assigning an IP to your phone, that'd probably be the cause of the problem. We cannot do much without an IP address.

My initial suggestion would be to make certain your N95's firmware is fully up to date. Use the Nokia Software Update application for this.

Best.
--
Jonas
n00bert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for the quick reply!

I've finally manage to assign a static IP to my N95 on the network - previously I had the problem of not being able to connect to the network at all, i.e. the N95 would appear connected but I could not actually surf the Internet on the phone, but now I can.

I don't know if this necessarily resolves the IP problem on the network, but if it does, I still can't seem to find any computers when I click 'Connect with Wifi'

edit: ran nokia software updater and firmware is up to date...v12.x

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about your computer's firewall? What firewall product(s) do you have on it? Please try with them shut down first.

Best.
--
Jonas
n00bert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned off all the firewall's and it worked! Don't know why I didn't think of turning off the router's firewall...hmmm..:D

I am a bit concerned about having to turn off all the router's firewall's though, would it be ok if i turned them back on once the computer is discovered on the phone?

thanks again!
n00bert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help but it seems like the problem isn't completely solved. seems that i can only find a computer on the network sometimes, and not others.

any fixes?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use the same technology Apple is using library sharing in iTunes. You have multiple PCs. Got iTunes on all of them? Is iTunes reliable in locating the libraries (and sticking to them) on the other PCs on your network?

One more thing: if you've installed the needless F-Secure anti-virus software on your phone, please let me know.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="n00bert"]thanks for your help but it seems like the problem isn't completely solved. seems that i can only find a computer on the network sometimes, and not others.

any fixes?[/quote]
wandara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by wandara on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Mephisteus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]We use the same technology Apple is using library sharing in iTunes. You have multiple PCs. Got iTunes on all of them? Is iTunes reliable in locating the libraries (and sticking to them) on the other PCs on your network?

One more thing: if you've installed the needless F-Secure anti-virus software on your phone, please let me know.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="n00bert"]thanks for your help but it seems like the problem isn't completely solved. seems that i can only find a computer on the network sometimes, and not others.

any fixes?[/quote][/quote]

Ah, if only I'd known that before.

The switch is on a different subnet (technically) from the rest of the computers, I've been wondering for months why I couldn't connect through wifi. I can't locate shared libraries when my laptop is on WiFi either.

No way around that I suppose?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: