FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Controlling a USB IR Transmitter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger1016

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Controlling a USB IR Transmitter Reply with quote

I have been searching for a solution where I could use Salling Clicker to control a USB Infrared Emitter device like the IRTrans USB possibly using a software package like iRed.

What I am looking to do is control the volume of a stereo receiver that my computer is hooked up to by having an IR signal sent through a transmitter that is controlled by Salling Clicker so that I do not have to carry a separate remote control with me at all times.

I currently have a Treo 700W and use a Mac computer. My vision is to have a key command that links to the software that controls the IR transmitter. I would like to not have to exit out of controlling iTunes, so some kind of key command that works within the program seems appropriate. Another solution would be to map the volume keys that control the volume level in iTunes to the other program.

I do not have any programming experience, and I have searched a long time to try and find this solution. I saw a reference somewhere that the iRed program was applescriptable and could be used with Salling Clicker.

Has anyone done something like this already, does anyone have an idea of how to do it, or is it even feasible? Thanks ahead of time for the help.
tinbert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: iRed and Salling Clicker Reply with quote

Well, as the developer of iRed, let me tell you that this is easily possible with iRed and even described in the manual ;-)
Please see "[url]http://www.filewell.com/iRed/manual/sallingclicker.html[/url]" for the few details.

Cheers,

Robert, tin:b Software
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: iRed and Salling Clicker Reply with quote

Thanks, Robert!

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="tinbert"]Well, as the developer of iRed, let me tell you that this is easily possible with iRed and even described in the manual ;-)
Please see "[url]http://www.filewell.com/iRed/manual/sallingclicker.html[/url]" for the few details.

Cheers,

Robert, tin:b Software[/quote]
Tiger1016

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: iRed and Salling Clicker Reply with quote

Thanks!

I guess I must have skipped over this simple information in my search. I look forward to using your product soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: