FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

keyboard for arkaos?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snoyface

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: keyboard for arkaos? Reply with quote

Im a vj (I do projections at clubs and such) and sometimes I want to go out into the crowd and hang out with my friends, but be able to switch visuals as well. I use Arkaos, a vj program that uses the keyboard to make video clips run and effects start. Here is my question:

Can I use Salling to control the keyboard presses? (I have used some default scripts and they only recongize i pressed a key, but do not actually "press" the key.) Is there a script for this? (im not good yet at the art of script)

and

Is there a way to configure the apple(control) key as a key press as well?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This can certainly be done and is discussed in numerous threads here on the forums. A starting point, among the default-supplied scripts is the "Front Row" script. It simulates keystrokes, including modifier keys.

Best.
--
Jonas
snoyface

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some searching and was able to figure out how to generate many of the keystrokes.

However, I have another problem. I have a full qwerty keypad on my phone (palm treo centro 700p), and I want to use all the letter keys. I seem to be limited to the keys I could use on a non-qwerty keypad phone. How can I use these additional letter keys?

For instance, I modified this line in the VLC media remote program:

[quote]property playModeKeys : {"s" as Unicode text}[/quote]

To:

[quote]property playModeKeys : {"s" as Unicode text, "a" as Unicode text}[/quote]

I thought pressing "a" would activate the playModeKeys property similarly to when you press the center button (which is what seems to be bound to "s"), but it did nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: