FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

pen deltas, but no pen position???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kseiferlin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: pen deltas, but no pen position??? Reply with quote

Devices with a touch screen like my SE 910 support PEN input in some scripts. Browsing the SEC Helper dictionary I can find pen deltas (i.e. movement relative to last position) which can be used to move the mouse on the computer screen by a scaled amount of pixels. Nice - so far so good. But apparently there is no way to get information about the absolute position where the PEN touched the screen last. True? I reckon that the device MUST know the PEN position before it can even start to compute PEN deltas, but it obviously doesn't publish this information. True?

I reckon that it must be very easy to change this and release the unnecessary constraint. Can we hope for that function in a future version of the SIS file for UIQ or Sec Helper (don't know where it is actually hidden and handled).

Knowing the position of a PEN tap on the touchscreen one could easily implement a script that first sends an image of a virtual keyboard. Virtual buttons could be tapped, and the script would check by comparing button positions with pen tap coordinates, and ultimately invoke the corresponding action. I'd LOVE that... so pleeeease...
g.raunak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

I have a MotoROKR E6 and would LOVE to have this!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would open up for scripts being dependent on the screen size, which is something I'd like to avoid.

Could you please describe why you want the positions, so I can assess potential solutions?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="g.raunak"]*bump*

I have a MotoROKR E6 and would LOVE to have this![/quote]
g.raunak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]This would open up for scripts being dependent on the screen size, which is something I'd like to avoid.[/quote]

I guess I see where you're coming from. Since there's no standard resolution for screens. The MotoROKR's screen is 320*240 pixels if that's any help.

[quote="salling"]Could you please describe why you want the positions, so I can assess potential solutions?

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

I just want an onscreen keyboard to pop up on my phone.

Basically it should work that I can build an image of a keyboard on the computer, have it show up on my phone when I click on the "Keyboard" menu item and then touch the letters with the stylus and have them typed up on screen.

Can this be done by assigning a keystroke of each letter to its relative position on the screen? That would make pen positions the perfect match for an on-screen keyboard. I mean, I want to be able to write Mails and use iChat from my phone and this would make it incredibly simple.

P.s. I'm a n00b at Apple Scripts, been working with them for 4 - 6 weeks at the most.

P.p.s. : Love Salling Clicker :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: