FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

S700 and iSync

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: S700 and iSync Reply with quote

On popular demand, here's a recipe to make iSync work with S700i, S700a (US), and S700c (China):

Phase 1:

1. Quit iSync

2. In Terminal, type:
sudo pico /System/Library/SyncServices/BTConduit.bundle/Contents/Resources/BTConduit_phones.plist

3. Follow the existing pattern in the file, adding:
<key>Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1021051-BV</key>
<string>bttool</string>
<key>Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1021051-CN</key>
<string>bttool</string>
<key>Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1031051-BV</key>
<string>bttool</string>

4. Save the file (ctrl-O)

5. Quit (ctrl-X)

Phase 2:

6. Remove the pairing information from both your S700 and your Mac. I.e, remove the S700 from your Mac's list of paired devices (*not* from Favorites), and remove your Mac from the phone's list of Bluetooth devices.

7. Initiate pairing *from* your S700. After repeating the authentication key on your Mac, a service panel should pop up (on the Mac). Here, an iSync option should be available.

8. Now open iSync (it may take a minute for the new phone/S700 to show)

Sometimes, things will fail at step 7 (service dialog doesn't show). In that case, try repeating from step 6, possibly keeping iSync open at the same time.

This works for me. Of course, your mileage may vary. The S700 models are not officially supported by iSync, and I'm not responsible for any ensuing Address Book mayhem.

Best of luck.
--
Jonas
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this excellent tip Jonas. However I did read that syncing with the S700i would only come with Tiger due to the fact that SE had changed the method they used to sync?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. That's not really true. As you know, it's possible to tweak iSync to make it work quite well.

- jonas

[quote="Advocate"]Thanks for this excellent tip Jonas. However I did read that syncing with the S700i would only come with Tiger due to the fact that SE had changed the method they used to sync?[/quote]
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is all this baloney about needing Tiger to use iSync?

Hmmm let me see if I can find the post about it....nope can't see it anywhere.

I definitely read about there being two ways to sync and that the S700 was using the way that iSync doesn't support yet (they even mentioned the name of a new Apple employee specifically brought in to add this functionality)

C'est la vie
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know of what baloney you speak. :-) A lot of people have misunderstood how iSync works.

- jonas

[quote="Advocate"]So what is all this baloney about needing Tiger to use iSync?

Hmmm let me see if I can find the post about it....nope can't see it anywhere.

I definitely read about there being two ways to sync and that the S700 was using the way that iSync doesn't support yet (they even mentioned the name of a new Apple employee specifically brought in to add this functionality)

C'est la vie[/quote]
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I've searched and searched for the original post/blog/whatever that I read about this and can't find it grrrr!

Honestly, I REALLY did read that iSync currently uses method X of syncing and that the S700i uses method Y and that this was to be introduced into iSync in Tiger.

I'm not going mad, it's the squirrels...
I'm not going mad, it's the squi....dweeble futz....brrrrrrrrr....ding!

OK I'm going back to my padded cell now :roll:
iNemo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jonas.

Googled for an answer to getting S700 to sync and didn't turn anything up. Came on here to get the beta to get Clicker working and thought i'd search on the off chance there was a hack or tweak to get it working. How right I was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it worked out for you! Be careful with firmware updates for now, since some of the new firmwares cause iSync to crash, rendering the trick above useless.

- jonas

[quote="iNemo"]Cheers Jonas.

Googled for an answer to getting S700 to sync and didn't turn anything up. Came on here to get the beta to get Clicker working and thought i'd search on the off chance there was a hack or tweak to get it working. How right I was.[/quote]
furland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Syncing addresses Reply with quote

Great tip, and it's still working.

I've been searching the web for a solution to synchronize the addresses in addressbook to a S700, not just the phonenumber and email, but I can't find a solutions.

Does anybody know if there is a solution?
metric152

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: hack works great Reply with quote

just picked up the phone today and i used your information to get the phone into isync and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the info
addyboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick does not seem to work for an SE V802 :?:
royland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: S700 and iSync Reply with quote

Must I type the lines, as laid out, in terminal? In other words must sudo pico be followed by /System/Library etc? Must it then be followed immediately by
the steps in point 3? Do I give a return after entering? Excuse me, But I am not familiar enough with Terminal. Is it possible to email me the terminal text to paste in?javascript:emoticon(':oops:')

On popular demand, here's a recipe to make iSync work with S700i, S700a (US), and S700c (China):

Phase 1:

1. Quit iSync

2. In Terminal, type:
sudo pico /System/Library/SyncServices/BTConduit.bundle/Contents/Resources/BTConduit_phones.plist

3. Follow the existing pattern in the file, adding:
<key>Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1021051-BV</key>
<string>bttool</string>
<key>Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1021051-CN</key>
<string>bttool</string>
<key>Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1031051-BV</key>
<string>bttool</string>

4. Save the file (ctrl-O)

5. Quit (ctrl-X)

Phase 2:

6. Remove the pairing information from both your S700 and your Mac. I.e, remove the S700 from your Mac's list of paired devices (*not* from Favorites), and remove your Mac from the phone's list of Bluetooth devices.

7. Initiate pairing *from* your S700. After repeating the authentication key on your Mac, a service panel should pop up (on the Mac). Here, an iSync option should be available.

8. Now open iSync (it may take a minute for the new phone/S700 to show)

Sometimes, things will fail at step 7 (service dialog doesn't show). In that case, try repeating from step 6, possibly keeping iSync open at the same time.

This works for me. Of course, your mileage may vary. The S700 models are not officially supported by iSync, and I'm not responsible for any ensuing Address Book mayhem.

Best of luck.
--
Jonas[/quote] :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: