FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

iStopMotion script?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidfreels

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: iStopMotion script? Reply with quote

I use iStopMotion (http://www.iStopMotion.com) animation software by Boinx. You can do some cool stuff with it, but I have an upcoming project that would probably go 2/3d's faster if I had an iStopMotion script I could use with Clicker.

As the name implies, iStopMotion is a stop-motion video recorder that allows for the construction of stop-motion animation; however, it's somewhat labor intensive as the user has to employ a triangulation technique where (1) there's a camera set up on what's photographed, (2) the subject photographed, and then (3) a Mac--linked to the digital camera via firewire. I use my laptop, and I can see the subject on the laptop screen and if I could just stay out of frame of the camera and record via a Snarb-created Clicker script I could reduce my video production time by at least 50%. I could stay out-of-frame but still next to the Subject and just occasionally having to touch/adjust either the camera or the Mac.

Right now, besides the time it takes to literally walk over to the laptop and press a button, one of the other big problems is that by just walking over to the laptop/camera, my movements can change the shot selection--which means I have to stop and set everything up again.

Even if no one is interested in producing such a script, if there's a guide I can go by, I'll try and write my own.

Thanks.

davidfreels
druuka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: istopmotion Reply with quote

Hey,

Which version are you using? Is there just a particular keystroke you need to push each time? How much control of the software are you looking for? If all you are looking for is a to take a shot it should be really easy to get your device to send a keystroke to the software.

Andrew
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was in touch with the iStopMotion guys a rather long time ago, and they do have an AppleScript interface to the app, that'd make it possible to do some pretty nice things with Clicker and it.

Best.
--
Jonas
yourbartender

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: istopmotion very basic controller script Reply with quote

I created a very quick script which sends basic keyboard commands to iStopMotion:
these keyboard commands are sent: 1 and 2 for capturing 1 or 2 frames, cmd+T for timelapse and left and right to navigate in the timeline back and forth. Since my main phone is a touchscreen and developing for that is a bit tricky I didn't put in all the keys possible in a normal push-button phone. But with the new s60v5 version for clicker some gestures are mapped as keys (funny the right and left sweep seem to work in a mirror way)

on a push button phone the keys are
2: capture 2 frames
4: previous frame
5: capture one frame
6: next frame
8: start time lapse.
I know these values don't make so much sense, it should be button one for one frame, but as I said I developed it mostly for my touch screen phone so I went for the remote controller metaphor.

This script is actually a heavily modified version of the Spotify Remote, so thanks to Jim Carlberg. There are much more interesting things one could do: change overlay, manipulate blinking and onion skinning. The iStopMotion AppleScript Library is rather small, but with keyboard commands you could do these.
davidfreels

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I download the iStopmotion script?
davidfreels

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello-I've owned a Clicker license since 2003 or 2004, and I've finally gotten a script for using my phone to control video shots taken with iStopMotion. My problem now is I cannot get the W810i to connect to my Mac, running 10.6.8.

It keeps saying:

Cannot connect (reason: javalang SecurityException)

I can connect from my MacBook Pro to the phone, but the phone cannot control anything. The app tells me I need to connect from the phone to the Mac. A search on the phone always finds the Mac so I cannot figure out why I cannot make the connection.

I've actually had this problem since I upgraded to 10.6, but I haven't really needed Clicker until now. I have a client who wants to produce a video using stop motion photography, and the Clicker script for that purpose is really essential and would save hours of time and prevent me from having to walk back and forth between the Mac and setting up for the next shot.

Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: