FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgorrell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Reply with quote

I have written a script allowing my treo to act as a wireless keyboard and mouse through salling clicker. Unlike other keyboard scripts this sends the key strokes as you type them. In fact I am writing this post using it.

The script has been written to work with the treo 650. It shouldn't be hard to make it work on other phones that have a qwerty keyboard. I don't have any other phones to test it on though. If anyone would like to contribute changes to support other phones I would appreciate it greatly.

This is my first salling script, and in fact my first apple script. I've been using the script a great deal over the last few days, and it has been working very nicely. There are a few things that could be make a little nicer, such as the display when a modifier is active, or my check for upper case characters, but what I have now works.

Like I said above, I would appreicate any changes that anyone would like to post. My only reason for writing this script was to be able to use it, so I want to make sure that everyone else can as well.

btw, is it possible to use something other than script editor to work with apple script? That app drives me nuts. I would be much happer if I could write them in vi.
Mytzlscript

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try ScriptDebugger from Late Nite Software. Robust scripting, and debugging tools.

[url]http://www.latenightsw.com[/url]
fazero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm currently trying it. It could be a must have for QTEK 9000 / HTC Universal users, as we have a real mini keyboard. (I know at least one other guy who asked for that in a forum a few weeks ago. He was a 9100 owner).

For the moment, I found no way to click, as the shortcuts (red/green/etc.) don't map correctly.

the help and sub-menu button have the action to type the last character typed (?)

I'll try to correct that for the Universal, and post it here, but I need to figure out the keycode thing, etc.
fazero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really didn't understand the whole keycode thing...

There are the microsoft keycodes :

0x0070 and 0x0071 are F1 and F2, and left an right softkeys.

there are some "hard" keycode :

hard:534 option + mail ???

and some :x key code :

:m mail key

and then again, the arrow are coded as

<>^v

Finally, the center key is

s

I really can't figure out anything from this mess...

Can somebody please give me some hints ?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fazero,

Your question is a bit open-ended. Do you have no idea? Depending on where you are at (knowledgewise), answers could range from (1) just bind the keycodes to what you want to (2) here's a script I wrote for you (with attachment). ;-)

It appears you have identified codes for a number of keys. That's good. Elsewhere here in the forums, you can learn how to simulate keystrokes.

Best.
--
Jonas
fazero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the thing I don't understand is "why all those different type of keycodes" and which one to use.

Is there any reference table ? (I found the microsoft one, but there is no :m or hard:554 or even ><v^key code type. Only Hexadecimal 0x keycodes)

I searched the forum, but the post are not very helpful, for me.
mgorrell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the keycodes for the treo that I used in the script I added some debug that displays the code for every key that I press on the screen of my mac.

It is probably documented somewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything. That is what worked for me.

If I can help at all let me know.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the codes will be different from device to device. In particular, this is the case with devices that have full keyboards.

We try to convert to unicode character codes, if possible. That should be the 0x____ codes you're seeing.

The <, >, v, s, etc are "standard" codes given by all devices; device-independent scripts should not rely on any keystrokes but these.

Best.
--
Joans
coaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: wonderfulff;* Reply with quote

wonderful script!!
i feel bad about all the posts where i was looking for something like this:
i should have looked harder!
fsmythe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys!

It's been a long time, don't know if any of you will see this!

I'm new to this forum, and this script is amazing, it does everything on my HTC INNOVATION apart from left and right click....

It would be amazing if someone could tell me how to edit this and change it myself....

Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: