FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Wifi not working....N95 & linksys router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torchedlh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Wifi not working....N95 & linksys router Reply with quote

i can get the bluetooth to work no problem. however, i cannot get the wifi to work. when i connect using my phone, it seems like it connects to the network okay but it says no computers found.

i have enabled TCP 52131 and UDP 5353. still doesnt work. i have tried enabling other ports on the router and sailing clicker setup but still no dice. on a side note: if my router only gives my computer this ip for a finite amount of time, how do get the ports forwarding to the right computer?

i've seen suggestions for just entering the ip manually in the phone. but i dont see that option. i have a n95 so its the s60v3 version..

thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using SmartRoaming or some other product that attempts to merge WiFi and GPRS/UMTS connectivity?

Are you using F-Secure on your phone?

Is Clicker on your computer set up to allow WiFi connections? (Salling Clicker -> Setup -> Networking)

Best.
--
Jonas
torchedlh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh i've never heard of f secure or smartroaming before so im gonna have to say no. Yes i have networking set up on the pc side. It seems like it connects to the network fine but it cant find my computer.
torchedlh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still need some help on this... thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I got a response to this part:

Is Clicker on your computer set up to allow WiFi connections? (Salling Clicker -> Setup -> Networking)

It is possible that your network setup is "strangely" set up in such a way that your computer and your phone (when connected to wifi) are not on the same network. Hard to say, though. Perhaps you could enlighten us about the wires you've connected?

Best.
--
Jonas
torchedlh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the salling clicker on my pc has networking enabled.

ummm no. in fact i just did a reset on the router so are the settings are basically default. i'm using wpa security, DHCP server, and have enabled the two ports. my phone and my computer are on the same network, when i open up the local clients list, i see my phone at 192.168.1.101 and my computer at 192.168.1.100.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Does your router appear to have any settings that shield/firewall your wired client(s) against the wireless ones?

I think this is a pretty common router feature seeing that a lot of people leave their wifi networks unprotected/public.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="torchedlh"]yes the salling clicker on my pc has networking enabled.

ummm no. in fact i just did a reset on the router so are the settings are basically default. i'm using wpa security, DHCP server, and have enabled the two ports. my phone and my computer are on the same network, when i open up the local clients list, i see my phone at 192.168.1.101 and my computer at 192.168.1.100.[/quote]
torchedlh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually my laptop is wireless like my phone.

i'm using wpa security, it's not unprotected..
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I'm out of ideas, so let's backtrack a bit. Could you please tell me what applications you have on your N95, and also what internet-security software you're using on your PC.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="torchedlh"]actually my laptop is wireless like my phone.

i'm using wpa security, it's not unprotected..[/quote]
kamrienlorrry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
You can surf internet using your wifi connection.When accessing identify your wifi access point.You don't have to use your mobile network provider.
In N95 go to connectivity or connections where you will see numbers and types of connections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: